Revo1ution AKM Magazine V1.0.1: FFFTech/FFFTechnology
A 3DP magazine for AK pattern firearms chambered in 7.62x39.
Features a reinforced ribbed magazine body, a thickened baseplate to absorb impacts from drops, an anti-friction follower, and a separately printed rear locking lug (Read Notes)
This design also allows the use of AR-15 magazine springs via alternate follower and floorplate versions, for Western (North American countries) builders; as AR-15 magazine springs are often cheaper and easier to acquire.
* Palmetto State Armory PSAK-47 GF3
* Zastava M70, Imported Civilian Semiauto Model
Two follower and floorplate versions are available:
*Standard: AK Spring usage
*AR: AR-15 Spring usage, labeled on each part.
Two magazine bodies are available:
*28rd: As long as a factory manufactured 30rd mag.
*30rd: 7mm longer than the 28rd mag body.
Update V1.0.1: Reduced advised extruder/nozzle printing temperature from 230C to 220C.
Printer Used: Ender 3 V2
Filament Used: PLA+
Extruder: 220C (Yes, you need to print the parts HOT)
First Layer Print Height: .2mm
Standard Layer Height: .16mm
Wall Perimeters: 7+
Infill Pattern: Gyroid
Material Flow: 100%
Support Material Percentage: 18%
Print ALL the parts on their bases, and use tree supports.
1x Standard Length AK Mag Spring
1x Standard Length AR-15 Mag Spring (OPTIONAL)
1) Apply cyanoacrylate adhesive inside the pocket for the rear locking lug. If the rear locking lug is slightly loose in the pocket, apply Clear Gorilla Glue. Wait 24hrs for the adhesive to cure.
2) Insert the rear locking lug, with the angled facet facing outwards, and down towards the mag body's base.
3) Lightly sand the anti-friction follower's sides and curved spine.
4) Slide the top of the magazine spring through the front of the follower, above the spring retention tab.
5) Attach the floorplate to the bottom of the magazine spring, making sure the first spring winding snaps over the retainers.
6) Slide the internal spring assembly into the magazine body.
7) Depress the floorplate, and slide on the baseplate. The floorplate's locking tab must index with the channel in the baseplate.
1) Previous 3D printed AK magazines with an integrated locking lug often had said lug shear off. With the orientation the mags are meant to be printed, by the layer height to which the lug is located, the layers are perpendicular to its thinnest cross section. A separate printed lug allows for printing the layers parallel with it's thickest cross-section, making the lug
much more durable.
2) Polish, Bulgarian, Serbian, and US based Magpul springs have been tested. The only spring that did NOT work (that was tested) was made by a US based company under the name Falcon Arms. (We could only load 24/28rds)
Yeezy: Inspired the concept for AR-15 mag spring compatibility for Western builders.
Freeman1337: Advised AR-15 mag spring compatible parts; printed and tested mag with AR-15 spring adapted follower and floorplate. Provided images and testing video footage. Gave data on fitment for AR-15 spring compatible parts.